Click here to check out Tony's Photo Gallery and get a glimpse of what he does when he's not in front of an audience.
|Welcome to this issue of "Dr. T's Timely Tips" by Dr. Tony Alessandra. Please send your feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org!
Preferred Business Situations for Each Style
For maximum workplace efficiency, as well as a happy workforce, it's the
managers job to put people in a position to succeed. By understanding
the comfort level that certain people have in different situations,
you'll be far more likely to achieve your goals.
Indirect and Open
Preferred business situations of the Relater include:
- Performing the same kinds of duties day after day (no matter the
importance of the type of work involved)
- Working cooperatively with others to achieve common results
- Safe, risk-free environments
- Stable, steady, low-key environment which has a minimum of changes
- Knowing each step toward completing their duties within a defined
framework of time and resources
- Making decisions by group consensus or other accepted practices rather
than only by themselves
- Feeling like an appreciated, contributing member of the work group
Direct and Open
Preferred business situations for Socializers include:
- Likes to work interactively with others
- Needs personal feedback and discussion to get, or stay, on course
- Likes to mingle with all levels of associates and calls them by their
- Enjoys compliments about themselves and their accomplishments
- Seeks stimulating environments that are friendly and favorable
- Motivated to work toward known, specific, quickly attainable
incentives or external motivators (dislikes pursuits which drag out over
long time periods)
- Open to verbal or demonstrated guidance for transferring ideas into
- Likes to start projects, but prefers to let others handle the
follow-through and detail work
Indirect and Guarded
Preferred business situations for the Thinker include:
- Colleagues and superiors who do not criticize work or ideas,
especially in public
- Situations where they can set the quality control standards and check
to see if they are properly implemented
- Working with complete information systems, or being empowered to
formulate their own methods
- Superiors who value correctness and the Thinker's key role in the
- Organized and process-oriented workplaces with little emphasis on
Direct and Guarded
The preferred business situations for Directors:
- Calling the shots and telling others what to do
- Challenging workloads to fuel their energy levels
- Personally overseeing, or at least knowing about, their employees' or
co-workers' business activities
- Saying what's on their minds without being concerned about hurting
- Taking risks and being involved in facilitating changes
- Interpreting the rules and answering to themselves alone
- Interested in the answers to "what" questions
- Seeing a logical road toward advancement of achieving goals
Here's to more personal insight,
Where the rubber meets the road in your journey to becoming a leader who makes a difference.
A Leader is a Decision Maker will give you the skills and techniques necessary to becoming a successful leader who can make the best decisions for the right reasons. A leader understands that indecision wastes the time, energy, and talent of group members as well as money and opportunity.
Gain the decision-making skills necessary to becoming a successful leader.
To purchase A Leader is a Decision Makers, please click here.
If you like receiving Dr. T's
Timely Tips, you'll love adding to or switching from this subscription to
"One-to-One from A-to-Z" - an ezine that's customized to match your interests,
goals and behavioral style. You'll receive fewer emails, but the ones you do
receive will contain articles, tips, ideas and offers that perfectly match your
personal and/or professional interests. Subscribing takes less than a minute and
you may experience The Platinum Rule® firsthand by
opting in here. We will treat you the way you want to be treated!
Alessandra, author of "Dr. T's Timely Tips",
is available as a speaker for corporate and trade association meetings.
Teleseminars and webinars are also available. Contact Holli Catchpole at
SpeakersOffice: 1-800-222-4383 or
5927 Balfour Court Ste. 103
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Click here to view a Free Video of Tony.
Click here to check out Tony's Photo Gallery and get a glimpse of what he
does when he's not in front of an audience.
Time for a coffee break?
Visit Dr. Tony's products and browse while you relax.
2001-2013 Dr. Tony Alessandra