|Welcome to this issue of "Dr. T's Timely Tips" by Dr. Tony Alessandra. Please send your feedback to email@example.com!
The Five C's of Effective Execution Now that we have taken our ideas from our head and created a clearly written set of SMART goals, we are now challenged to execute the plan and stay on the path to our desired outcomes.
Many books are now dedicated to the subject of effective execution, but a company called GoalCentrix - http://www.goalcentrix.com - has taken the time to simplify the process for you, and make it a part of your daily life!
Execution requires what GoalCentrix refers to as the five C's:
1. Commitment - Across the entire span of people who will be responsible to accomplish any portion of the plan. Commitment starts with writing down the goal and the plans necessary to stay on the path to success. Each member of the team must agree on the goal and take ownership of their roles and responsibilities, and get it all in writing!
2. Communication - On a constant basis, communication processes are necessary in order to inform one another what has been done, what remains to be accomplished, and what needs to change. These processes usually take place in the form of meetings, reporting processes, public charting, etc., and should be designed before the process of execution starts, so everyone knows how to quickly and effectively get the information they need.
3. Collaboration - Several heads are always better than one. Having a collaboration methodology in place that allows team members to make decisions, run meetings, understand responsibilities, etc. is critical to success. Decision-making is one of the key differences makers in successful organizations and it makes sense to have a methodology for decision-making that is consistent, time-efficient, and leads to action.
4. Consistency - Having a predictable way of operating together. When will we meet? Who will attend? Who is responsible to do what? What type of reports do we need? People are more successful who have a clearly established set of behavioral guidelines, and making them consistent ensures constant forward motion.
5. Constant Awareness (Knowledge) - Making decisions requires knowing exactly where we are with respect to where we said we would be. In today's competitive world, this is becoming more and more critical to organizations that are trying to integrate a goal-oriented culture. Effective use of technology is how successful companies and teams are creating a real-time knowledge base that allows quick allocation of resources, course correction, and decision-making.
A new type of software has become available to individuals and teams that are called Corporate Performance Management software. GoalCentrix has developed a tool that automates these processes of effective execution, allowing many of the five C's to be accomplished in a fraction of the time normally required.
|Here's to more personal insight,
If you like receiving Dr. T's
Timely Tips, you'll love adding to or switching from this subscription to
"One-to-One from A-to-Z" - an ezine that's customized to match your interests,
goals and behavioral style. You'll receive fewer emails, but the ones you do
receive will contain articles, tips, ideas and offers that perfectly match your
personal and/or professional interests. Subscribing takes less than a minute and
you may experience The Platinum Rule® firsthand by
opting in here. We will treat you the way you want to be treated!
Alessandra, author of "Dr. T's Timely Tips",
is available as a speaker for corporate and trade association meetings.
Teleseminars and webinars are also available. Contact Holli Catchpole at
SpeakersOffice: 1-800-222-4383 or
5927 Balfour Court Ste. 103
Carlsbad, CA 92008
Click here to view a Free Video of Tony.
Click here to check out Tony's Photo Gallery and get a glimpse of what he
does when he's not in front of an audience.
Time for a coffee break?
Visit Dr. Tony's products and browse while you relax.
2001-2013 Dr. Tony Alessandra